The Cosplay City Championship (C3) Show Masters is a cosplay performance competition with prizes awarded according to a judging criteria outlined below.
This competition is for ALL costumes, handmade, bought or altered. Focus is on the performance, not the costume.
Sign up in advance only via the online form found in the cosplay section of the website.
First Prize will gain the title of Show Master, the C3 Performance award.
If you enter as a pair or as a group then the prize will be split between you.
The competition is open to all cosplayers over the age of 15
To enter you must have a valid ticket to the event where the competition is being held.
To enter the C3 Show Masters you will need to register and apply online (we recommend registering as early as possible before the convention). There will be no entry on the day. Registration will close at 5pm on the Wednesday before the event. They will be emailed confirmation of entry within 1-2 days of submitting.
Costumes are permitted from any form of popular media. This includes, but is not limited to, comic books, films and television, video games, anime & manga, tabletop gaming and original designs.
Costumes are expected to conform to a certain level of decency as this is a family event. Costumes considered inappropriate will not be allowed to enter. If you are unsure if your costume is suitable, please email email@example.com to discuss..
The jury will be made up of a panel of up to 3 industry guests and respected cosplayers.
Each judge will award a maximum of 20 points to each performance.
The criteria consists of –
5 points for entertainment – How entertaining your performance was and if you pleased the crowd, and judges. This will look at how enthusiastic the performance and the reaction to it.
10 points for creativity – This will consider how much though you put into your performance. Does it suit the character and was it executed well.
5 points for the use of the stage – This is how well you used the space available on stage for your performance and your use of props.
Judges will use these points as a guideline when making their final decision. Points will not be revealed to anyone outside of the judging and organising panel, including the contestant in question. You are more than welcome to ask the judges for feedback after the competition.
You must be at the Cosplay desk 30 minutes before the competition starts for an information brief and to be taken to the stage.
The time limit for your performance is 1 minute. Your time on stage can be less than this, but please do not exceed it. We encourage you to be as flamboyant as possible during your time on stage. If you require a microphone for a spoken performance then please let the Cosplay Desk know when you sign up. Please do not swear or use offensive language on stage, you risk being banned from future events if you do.
Please do not throw or fire anything into the audience for safety reasons.
Please provide the music or soundtrack to your performance by including it as a youtube link on the application form in the correct section or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Please also bring a copy on the day via usb stick. If you do not want any music or soundtrack for your performance then please make this clear on your form.
Judges decisions are final and discussion about the decisions will not be entered in to with any contestant or member of the public by the judging panel.
Prizes will be awarded after the masquerade at the closing ceremony. If the winners are not present, their prize will be held for them till they can collect it, or if need be, it can be posted to them. Prizes cannot be collected by another individual on their behalf unless signed permission is given at the cosplay desk.
All contestants are asked to act in a respectful manner to staff and other contestants. Any form of physical or verbal violence, vandalism or theft will result in immediate disqualification.
Attic Events and the Cosplay Team reserve the right to amend or update these rules at any time.
You may be filmed or photographed during the Cosplay competitions and Attic Events (Cosplay City Championship) or its associates may wish to use your image. By entering the competition you are agreeing to your image being used by Attic Events (Cosplay City Championship) and affiliates for advertising and promotional purposes and any other reasonable purpose.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Participants agree to take part and will be featured in marketing and publicity material for Attic Events and affiliates as required, as well as external media viewable by the general public, including but not limited to newspapers, magazines and websites which may be out with the control of Attic Events.
2. Application forms and/or reference pictures cannot be returned under any circumstances. Evidence portfolios, however, will be returned provided they are collected on the day of the competition.
3. Personal information collected via the application form will be used for no purpose outside of the competition and will be destroyed after the event.
4. All personal information collected via the application form will be protected by Cosplay City Championship and will not be provided to any third party. Application forms will be destroyed once selection has been made and forms are no longer required.
5. Any application form found to contain false information will be removed from the selection process. Any cosplayer selected on the basis of false information will be forbidden to participate in the event and may be banned from future competitions.
6. Cosplay City Championships accepts no liability for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or claims suffered or incurred by any person as a consequence of any use of or inability to use this application process, the event website, or any related media content. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant and/or parents/guardian to confirm with Cosplay City Championships regarding any queries or questions they may have about application, selection and/or participation.